Hey Ryan. I saw you never got an answer to this. Hopefully this helps:

I'm "scaling" a view by overriding onDraw. Inside the onDraw method of
my view I'm calling layout(l1, t1, r1, b1). The l,t,r, and b values
are external to the view so as they change, the view changes size. The
effect looks the same as an animation.