We are building an app which contains a list or translations.

Currently, on first run, we have to build the database from an XML source
file, which contains our words to watch for and the appropriate translation
word.
This building of the database is starting to take quite a while as our list
of words increases in size.

The question is this:

Is there a way that we can create a Database file containing our words,
during development and then use that database within the app, rather than
having to build the database on first launch?

Thanks for any pointers!