2009/1/24 qwerty <enetconsult...@comcast.net>:

> I just got the Dev. phone today and trying to get it "up and
> running'.   I am trying to create a google account but I keep getting
> an error message
>
> "There is a problem communicating with Google servers
>
> This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be
> provisioned for data services.  if it continues, call Customer Care."

Try using Wifi:

If you have RC30 or further release:
Connect your phone to a computer with the SDK installed, then run:
$ ./adb shell
$ su
# am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/.Settings

If you have a previous release, follow instructions listed there:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3195022

Then you may need to set APN, but I do not really know what to put in
it, I do not have data enbled SIM card.