Personally, as a user I welcome this change.

My concern was that this wasn't mentioned in changes description. And
what's more important there is no way to enable READ_LOGS during
development/testing process. It's good there are (tentative?) plans to
introduce a way to enable such permissions for developers in later
releases. It would've been great to have both these changes at the same
time. But we have what we have.

By the way, thanks for the power + volume down + volume up trick. Didn't
know it existed. This somewhat mitigates the issue in some cases.

/Ievgenii Nazaruk