On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM, billb <b...@briskynet.com> wrote:

> The findPreference method is deprecated.

Correct, but still works.

>  I'm not sure if this is part of the whole move to preference fragments or
> not.

It is, so that's the more "correct" method, using PreferenceFragments. But
if you don't want to go through that (yet), then this is probably the
quickest and easiest way to achieve what you want. I use this a lot, it's
like 3 lines of code, it's still working fine and I have no intention of
moving to Fragments any time soon.