Hello All,

Just connected the tried and true ADK accessory to Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus
- and it failed to connect with "could not read device protocol version"
message. Thought that the board died, connected to Nexus S with ICS -
worked just fine. Worked on Galaxy Nexus before Jelly Bean upgrade as well,
so hardware failure can be ruled out.

I've been watching ADK announcements pretty closely, but don't remember
reading or hearing anything about this particular change, nor backward
compatibility of Android devices supporting ADK 2.0.

Accessory Development Kit 2011
Guide<http://developer.android.com/tools/adk/adk.html>says "Protocol version 1
is supported by Android 2.3.4 (API Level 10) and
higher. Protocol version 2 is supported by Android 4.1 (API Level 16) and
higher", it doesn't say that version 1 is *not* supported by 4.1, and it
would be pretty bizarre to find that existing hardware would be abandoned
just like that.

What am I missing here? Is this a bug or a feature?

--vt