I tried to use
android:divider="@drawable/star_off"
android:showDividers="middle"

I spent half a day looking for the bug in my code. Than I trying to other
android version.
On the Android 3.x everything is OK, the same on the 4.1, but on 4.0 it is
broken, delimiter will draw not in the gap between view but more right or
down.
So I found that it is broken only in ICS,
Here is source code comparation (left is ICS, right Jelly Bean)

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qU8kRFWkiO4/UAgo0gIW0uI/AAAAAAAAkYc/qZRVyRP4r8U/s1600/Snap1.png>

I think that you really should write information like this to the
documentation or allow to users write notes to the API documentation, like
information that it doesn't work :-(