Andriy Zakharchuk wrote:
> I tried to implement it in a traditional way (the approach I described
> first). So I created a list screen, put 'Add', 'Edit', 'Delete'
> commands into menu. I couldn't get Edit and Delete menu commands
> working in touch mode, because I couldn't obtain selected item.

This is why Contacts has them in the context menu.

> The only solution I see here:
> - list screen options menu has only Add command;
> - click on a list item is equal to the Edit command;
> - Delete command is available only from the form screen (you can Save,
> Discard or Delete).

I don't know about it being the "only" solution, but it certainly is a
solution.

Another approach for one-data-item-only CRUD situations is for there to
be neither a view nor a form. Rather, the add option off of the main
menu pops a dialog to add the item, and one can edit (via a dialog) or
delete items from context menu choices. "View" in this case is simply
part of the list, since the list can readily show just the single data item.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com