Hi group,

In my application I  launch an intent to be opened in the google maps
aplication.

String uri = "geo:0,0?q=" + announcement.getAttribute(MapRegion.ANN_GEO) +
"(" + announcement.getAttribute(MapRegion.ID) + ")";
Intent intent = new Intent(android.content.Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
intent.setData(Uri.parse(uri));
startActivity(intent);

When the device doesn't have the maps API  then my application crashes.
This feature is optional and I would like to use the maps API externally.

How can I detect if the maps API is installed so I can protect my code?

thanks in advance,
Luiz