It is fundamentally wrong to require a permission on your activity, and
then publish intent filters for it that would allow other applications to
try to launch it without explicitly expecting a permission (which means
matching any standard filters such as MAIN for your main activities, VIEW,
SEND, and on and on).

These are two completely incompatible things.  Publishing under one of
these intent filters says "hey anyone who wants this standard kind of
activity, you can find me and run me and not know anything else about me!"
 Requiring a permissions says "hey you can only launch this activity if you
explicitly know about this special behavior it has that requires you hold
the appropriate permission to access."

Pick one or the other.  Not both.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Bunty syed <itsmeatfo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Actually I have one launcher with some child apps.
>
> I have given permission in all child apps so that only my launcher can
> launch them as follows
> <permission
> android:name="android.permission.LAUNCH_KONY_POLICYINJECTED_APPS"
> android:protectionLevel="signature"/>
>
> Tat is working fine. So with above, if any other application not signed
> with same keystore of child apps & not having required permission will get
> Permission denial exception while trying to launch the child apps .
>
> Now my doubt is when I click any of  installed child Apps in the phone
> application menu, I am getting Alert saying that "Application is not
> installed.."
>  Tat is a expected behavior.
> But is there any way to customize that Alert message instead I want to
> display my alert message like "Plz launch from my launcher app".
>

>  --

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com