Tim Bray wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:05 AM, j <jac...@gmail.com
> <mailto:jac...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     For the purposes of demo to a large audience, we need to show the G1
>     screen on a projector.  Is there VNC software available?
>

> I'm doing a couple of Android presos in March... I'm assuming that I'll
> have to point a video camera at the device.  I'd love to hear that
> there's a better way. -T

Well, there's some way to get screen grabs off the device that DDMS
uses. I don't see an adb command for it, so off the top of my head I'm
not sure how it's done. But I think the DDMS source code is in the git
repository.

In theory, one could use that technique to create a desktop program that
automatically refreshes an image of the device. I don't know how much
horsepower the screen-capture stuff takes, which would determine how
frequently you can refresh the image without slowing the device down too
much. It also implies you can connect the device to something with the
mini-USB cable, I imagine.

It's far from the most elegant solution, but it's something...

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com