I've noticed a weird behaviour with music lock screen appearance and I'm
curious to
learn if it is a bug or something intended.

An app can show music lock screen control if it has the Audio focus and has
registered a RemoteControlClient instance
with AudioManager.registerRemoteControlClient().

Now consider the following sequence

1. Launch Google Music. It shows the lock screen controls if you display
the lock screen. fine
2. Launch another music player like PowerAMP. Make it plays something. It
takes the audio focus and  shows its lock screen controls if you display
the lock screen. fine
Music had no reason to take the focus) but the lock screen controls for it
are not showing anymore (no lock screen controls at all)

Is that normal ? Expected behaviour would be that PowerAMP lock screen
controls still show until Google Music take the audio focus but it seems
that any app having a RemoteControlClient registered
cancel any other RemoteControlClient from a playing background app.

Note that the exact same thing happen as described above if you swap Google
Music and PowerAMP in the text.

I'm asking that question because my app which manage lock screen controls
behaves like above, removing the lock screen controls of any background
playing app, when my app go into the foreground (without requesting audio
focus).

PS: the documentation of RemoteControlClient doesn't mention at any point
the relation with the audio focus, which is really a glaring omission.