I was about to answer that this happens in stock browser too. This behavior
was first detected at social site http://www.livejournal.com/ while my wife
was tying to enter new message using stock browser. But before writing this
answer I tried and could not reproduce problem with stock browser anymore.
So currently I can confirm it for firefox only.