This looks to me like you're trying to skin existing code over the Android
platform?
In my experience, DOM (tree parsing in general) isn't so great in the
mobile environment as you have to load the tree structure up front to get
to that last piece of data that you actually might be interested in.
In an ideal world, you would probably want to break this down and implement
the web services and SOAP elements on a web server. Your mobile app then
queries this web server through small interactions. Using stream parsing
and perhaps JSON in place of XML.