If you want to have a bit more freedom in selecting which ads are shown in
your app I would advise you to use mediation (such as Admob mediation)
instead of a fixed ad network. We recently published a blogpost about how
mediation works and how it can be used with our own AppBrain AppLift, which
is available here:
http://blog.appbrain.com/2012/07/more-monetization-options-banners-in.html