@Kris

Thanks for the tips. We're in Houston so UH is reputable and offers
traditional coursework in Android-specific application development. That
certainly is an option, but I haven't had time to research the
prerequisites and see if taking a course outside as a non-degree seeker if
you can show competency in those required courses. Something to think
about, thanks.

@ Satya

Unfortunately we're only a small 6 man shop with only 2 really working
day-to-day on development that would take this training.

@Mark

Your last comment is the easiest, as we're located in Houston. That said,
as long as the training is in the continental US, we're willing to travel.
So I didn't really mention that since a) I didn't think about it and b) it
doesn't matter since we'd go anywhere.

Researching an instructor is good advice. In college I had to schedule my
courses around each other and couldn't be so picky sometimes to hold off on
a particular instructor. I can certainly see your point, though. I just ask
about official Google because that's easiest at this point. For those
who've been around the Android block a few times it might be easier to
determine an individual's worth. For me, I'm just getting started. You may
be able to recognize many key names or others who have been contributing to
Android for quite some time and I would tell you I've never heard of them
before. Then there's the guys who have developed apps, but are they
learning from, etc.

Thanks for the tips. I will look into everyone's comments and suggestions.