> public class MyApplication extends Application {
>
> public static Context global_context;
>
> @Override
> public void onCreate() {
> global_context = this;
>  super.onCreate();
> }
>
> }

To load assets or resources you need to use the Application context...
Since what you are doing is using the Application context I think you
should be fine with this because this application context doesn't go away
until your application dies.  *Note that if you want to do UI related stuff
you should most definitely NOT be using this context.*

However, you should note that a lot of classes provide access to a context,
and you really should be using that.  For example, View has a getContext()
method, and you can use that to load assets or resources.  But you
absolutely should not be passing this context around to things that will
outlast the view that you got it from.

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/View.html#getContext%28%29

Activities and Services both inherit from Context so you wouldn't need to
use your global_context in those cases either.  In what situations are you
running into that you are using this global_context and don't have access
to it through another way?

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer