Yesterday I tried running the asynctask in onCreate in an activity, to test
it. I used a URL from web that I knew was available. Actually I always got
UnknownHostException and I don't know why, however onPostExecute got called
correctly, except the first time, when it looked like it had to wait for
some timeout before printing the postExecute log (hence executing it, I
guess).

The asynctask seems to get called correctly indeed. (the use of results has
some problems as you noticed instead).