Take a loog at google mobile analytics. It does gather referrer information
(i.e. the URL that was used to reach the googlePlay store). I'm not sure
abut the referrer site, but you can supply URL parameters to the Play Store
url. After installation those parameters are sent to your program in a
broadcast:

analytics does this by implementing a listener:

        <receiver

android:name="com.google.analytics.tracking.android.AnalyticsReceiver"
            android:exported="true"
            tools:ignore="ExportedReceiver">
            <intent-filter>
                *<action
android:name="com.android.vending.INSTALL_REFERRER" />*
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>

I have not used this myself tough..