The use case is that some apps are godawful slow to load.  In Windows you
can start two programs and do stuff with the faster-loading one while the
slower-loading one is still loading.  It would be nice to do that on a
droid if you're hell-bent on not wasting time waiting for a single app to
load.

At least, that would be my use case.  Perhaps M. Liao has a different need.