In an ICS app (targetSdkVersion=15) with an action bar,  I'm calling
invalidateOptionsMenu() to force recreation of the menu.

The behaviour is different whether the Android device has a hardware menu
key or not.

- if it has a hardware menu key, the overflow menu is not shown. The menu
is shown when the pressing the hardware menu key.
In that case invalidateOptionsMenu() seems to have no effect:  I can see
that the menu is recreated (onCreateOptionsMenu() is called),
but the old menu is always shown no matter what when pressing the menu key.

- if it doesn't have a hardware menu key, the overflow menu is shown.
invalidateOptionsMenu() works as epected and the overflow menu is updated.

Has anyone noticed this weird behaviour ?