Your reply, TreKing, reminds me of the classic joke: you ask a programmer
if he knows what time it is, and he says 'yes';)

But a little more of a hint would have been quite appropriate. I take an
especial interest in this because if I had been the one designing the
Android database API, I like to think I would have made it a lot easier for
the client programmer to use the exact same sequence (after initialization)
of API calls whether the database is located on the phone or remotely
accessible via (for example) HTTP. But they did not do this, and it it
really not obvious how  best to approach the problem.

Even many of the people answering the same question on StackOverflow admit
there is no one, good solution to this problem, saying instead
disappointing generalities such as "There is no easy way of connecting
Android DIRECTLY to a remote database." No wonder all the answers got such
low ratings!