This does not seem to be the first time they are doing this:

*
https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/removals/copyright/requests/341196/
*<https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/removals/copyright/requests/341196/>

*http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=575491*<http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=575491>

*http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=626169*<http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=626169>

And all of this just to protect a single paid app in the play store. It is
hard to understand. They seem desperate.
I wonder if they really do take the matter to court for every removal
request they make - such as they are required to?

Peter