Alternative solution: I've lowered the memory use of my app in the hopes of
getting it to work on these handsets. Anyone with one (Droid 4, Razr, Razr
Maxx) want to test my app to see if it runs?  It'd be a massive help to
me.  You can find the installer at:

http://www.onelivesleft.com/pigment/pigmentdemo.apk

Thanks in advance!

Iain