I also have a small number of users who fail the LVL test (< 1%).  My
solution is to have my app call my website first to ask if it should do the
LVL test.  That way, if a user contacts me that it is not working I can set
it up so that his device no longer performs the check.  I actually
implemented this from the very beginning, because the whole LVL test
worried me and I wanted to have a way to override the check if, for some
reason, it failed to work.  As it turned out, I am glad I did.