I haven't considered testing different kinds of connections...I figured the
phone was responsible for the caching and the issue was unrelated to the
connection...but I could test it.  For that matter, it could be the fault
of the particular phone (perhaps this phone caches http data without
"permission").   At the current time, most of my tests have been performed
over cell, not wifi (TMobile, Seattle area if that matters).