I'm developing an application which downloads a file from FTP server. The
code first checks if file is present on local system . If it is not present
on local system then it downloads it from FTP server. Application must
download file from FTP server when it executes first time after getting
installed.

If we reinstall the application , android preserves the data of old
application .So now application finds the file on local system and does not
download it from FTP server. But it should always download the file on first
execution after fresh install.

Is there any way to completely wipe out the previous application data on
fresh install ?

Is there any registry or some location where an application can store data
and it gets automatically wiped out when application is uninstalled ?

thanks,
shahzad