import android.app.Activity;
import android.content.ContentUris;
import android.database.Cursor;
import android.net.Uri;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.provider.Contacts.People;
import android.util.Log;

public class Start extends Activity {
    public static final String[] METHODS_PROJECTION = new String[] {
        People.ContactMethods._ID,
        People.ContactMethods.KIND,
        People.ContactMethods.DATA,
        People.ContactMethods.TYPE,
        People.ContactMethods.LABEL,
        People.ContactMethods.ISPRIMARY,
    };
    Uri mUri;
    @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);

    mUri = ContentUris.withAppendedId(Uri.parse("content://contacts/
people"), 1); //1 is the ID of the first created contact
    Uri methodsUri = Uri.withAppendedPath(mUri,
    People.ContactMethods.CONTENT_DIRECTORY);
    Cursor methodsCursor = getContentResolver().query
(methodsUri,METHODS_PROJECTION, "kind=1", null, null);

    Log.i("Cursor", "Count = " + methodsCursor.getCount());
    }
}