If you want to use 3D graphics then you need to brush up your OpenGL
knowledge and optionally use one of the available game engines out there
that also support Android.

If it's 2D and performance is not a big concern then you can write your own
custom View for that map (you also could create your 2D game in OpenGL by
the way).

Your custom map view would:

   - respond to touch gestures through View.onTouchEvent
      - Pinch-to-zoom
      - panning
      - touching game objects for interaction
   - have an internal representation of the game map
      - ...which could be composed of a grid of X * Y tiles
      - Or it could be one big space image
         - Preferably also split in tiles so you can stay compatible with
         older Android version that don't have
android.graphics.BitmapRegionDecoder
      - have an internal representation of all game objects and their
   positions:
      - ships, planets etc.
      - have an internal zoom factor
   - x/y coordinates of the current map translation
   - This is the point you are looking at right now on your map
   - implement onDraw to:
      - render the currently visible part of the map by:
         - draw the background first
         - draw the game object
         - draw the UI in the end