Hello,

This issue has troubled me a lot, please help if you have any ideas.

- I am accessing an xml file from withing the apk, (stored in /res/
raw). The xml is read succesfully. My goal is to use this xml file as
data that can be changed in the apk.

- I tried unpacking and packing the apk file with ZIP compression and
the newly packed apk worked on the phone.

- I changed the xml file and packed the contents of the apk into a new
apk

- "install was unsuccesful" was the result of installing the new apk

As I see it, for every file stored into the apk, there are equivalent
references stored in the manifest and cert files:

for example:
SHA1-Digest: YS8iSCii71WMNrK7CHy5XLXBo+k=

Do you have any other ideas of how I can store/alter information into
the APK?

Please help, this is urgent