I had exactly the same problem with Eclipse Juno on Mac 10.5.8.

I removed the 32bit version and reinstalled with the 64bit version of
Eclipse,  and this allows the ADT to be installed, and at least visible.
After restart, the welcome to android message appeared as expected.  I
still had to go to Window - Customize Perspective -> Menu Visibility - File
- New and tick the Android Application to make this option visible,