downThis is intentional.

Many users reported seeing a weird bug when editing XML files (where lines
would shift around when they moved the caret etc). We tracked this down to
a bug where the layout editor would sometimes incorrectly modify the text
file such that it would contain an illegal line terminating sequence (just
\r, instead of just \n or \r\n). This made the Eclipse editor extremely
confused.

We've fixed that bug now, such that when you're editing files it no longer
writes these incorrect line endings. *However*, this does not retroactively
fix files you've edited in the past, so just opening one of those files
(without layout editing) could still give you the confusing editor behavior.

Therefore, we *also* added a new lint check which looks for files
containing wrong line endings like this, and that's the error message
you're seeing. Simply open up the file and invoke Ctrl-1; that will show
the available quickfixes, and there's a quickfix for this line warning
which will go and clean up the line endings in the given file.

-- Tor