Hello guys. In my application i have a gcmbroadcast receiver registered, so
that i can receive PushNotifications.

It is the Basic GCMReceiver Class provided by Google and i have an element
<receiver> in my Manifest for it.

I added a CheckBox in my Preferences Screen in order to enable/disable it
but i had issues with it. The behaviour i want is to enable and disable the
Receiver based on the value of the CheckBox.

So when the App starts i added a new method to check the value and trigger
it as needed using the ComponentName object and its methods.

Although at first it worked like a charm, in the Preferences Screen, when i
restarted the App it stopped working.

Is there any appropriate way to enable/disable such a Receiver across the
Application?

Thank you in advance.

<receiver android:name="com.google.android.gcm.GCMBroadcastReceiver"
android:permission="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.SEND" android:enabled
="true">

Receivers registration inside Manifest.