Hi, this is an issue for me too. I tried with the general (Java)
Calendar API, and i managed to log in but the 'insert' method always
throws an IOException (its message says 'unknown error'). Below is the
code i am using:

private static CalendarService mCalendarService;
private static URL mAllCalendarsFeedUrl=null;

private static final String ALLCALENDARS_FEED_URL_SUFFIX =
             "/private/full";

private static final String METAFEED_URL_BASE =
             "http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/";;

public final static boolean createEvent(String title) {
                       authenticate(*,*);
                       CalendarEventEntry myEntry = new
CalendarEventEntry();
                       myEntry.setTitle(new PlainTextConstruct
(title));
                       myEntry.setContent(new PlainTextConstruct
("Content"));
                       DateTime startTime = new DateTime(new Date());
                       When eventTimes = new When();
                       eventTimes.setStartTime(startTime);
                       myEntry.addTime(eventTimes);

                       // Send the request and receive the response:
                       try {
                               CalendarEventEntry insertedEntry =
mCalendarService.insert
(mAllCalendarsFeedUrl, myEntry);
                       } catch (IOException e) { // it throws this
exception every time,
dunno what i'm doing wrong
                               // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                               e.printStackTrace();
                       } catch (ServiceException e) {
                               // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                               e.printStackTrace();
                       }

               return true;
       }

       public final static boolean authenticate(String userName,
String
userPassword){

           // Create necessary URL objects
           try {
             mAllCalendarsFeedUrl = new URL(METAFEED_URL_BASE +
userName +
                 ALLCALENDARS_FEED_URL_SUFFIX);
           } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
               // Bad URL
               System.err.println("Uh oh - you've got an invalid
URL.");
               e.printStackTrace();
               return false;
           }

           // Create CalendarService and authenticate using
ClientLogin
           mCalendarService = new CalendarService("MyApp");

           try {
             mCalendarService.setUserCredentials(userName,
userPassword);
           } catch (Exception e) {
             // Invalid credentials
             e.printStackTrace();
           }

           return true;
       }

If anyone managed event insertion with Google Calendar on Android
please help us :)

Thanks,
Teo