Yeah, I know, but I still want to use the versionCode to label public
releases, not just one-off momentary debug versions.  I'm not even talking
about officially versioned betas here, I'm just talking about pushing the
code through a rapid build-test-debug-fix cycle.  Every time I want to try
another little thing on out in-app purchasing I have to delete the entire
app profile and start over.