Hi,

I am trying to programmically add a new contact in android.

What I did is this:

  Uri uri = Contacts.People.CONTENT_URI;
                values.put(Contacts.PeopleColumns.NAME, "mydummyuser1");
                Uri newuri = myActivity.getContentResolver().insert(uri,
values);

                Uri phoneUri = Uri.withAppendedPath(newuri,
Contacts.People.Phones.CONTENT_DIRECTORY);

                values.clear();
                values.put(Contacts.PhonesColumns.ISPRIMARY, 1);
                values.put(Contacts.PhonesColumns.TYPE,
Contacts.PhonesColumns.TYPE_CUSTOM);
                values.put(Contacts.PhonesColumns.LABEL, "Other");

                String formattedPhone =
PhoneNumberUtils.formatNumber("5556667777");
                values.put(Contacts.PhonesColumns.NUMBER, formattedPhone);
                Uri newPhoneUri =
myActivity.getContentResolver().insert(phoneUri, values);

But as soon as I kill and restart my emulator, the contact that I add is gone.

Can you please tell me why?

Thank you.