Well, on Linux, I just dropped to the command line and ran
android/tools/emulator twice and it brought up two instances of the
emulator.  Of course, the second one complains about the "disks" being read
by another emulator, so you'll have to set up a set of "disks" (really, just
binary files) for each emulator to use.

Do a "android/tools/emulator -h" and look at all your options.

How to get them talking via sockets?  I have no idea.  Is that even a
reasonable thing to do?

--
Faber Fedor
Linux New Jersey