My application extends the Application class so that I can initialize
ACRA in the onCreateMethod.  My application consists primarily of a
widget that monitors something and sends a notification when a condition
exists.  If the application or widget is installed and that condition
already exists at the time of installation, the notification is
triggered.

I've started getting reports that the notification will trigger at
random even after it has already triggered correctly.  I had the user
send me my Debug Log with an email telling me when the notification was
triggered.  Based on the timestamps the notification was triggered
because Application.onCreate was invoked.  Why would
Application.onCreate be invoked by Android after the application and
widget were already installed and without the user doing anything?

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer