I am having an issue with my latest game (available in the market as
"BreakTheBlocks Lite")

This is a simple "arcade" style game, It started with a thread
controlling the game loop but now I just have a runnable that performs
the game loop functions and then posts back to itself.

In its original release there was a noticeable "stutter" in the game
every other second or so.  After a great deal of time debugging I
finally realized that every time the stutter happened LogCat showed
that garbage collection was taking place.

I went through my code and got rid of creating as many "temporary"
objects as possible.  After that the stutter went from happening every
1.5 seconds to happening every 13-16 seconds.  This is much better,
but I can't seem to reduce the time any further.

According to LogCat the garbage collector is still running on my game
thread every 15 seconds I see the message "GC freed 19833 objects /
878848 bytes in 131ms"... and since my game runs at about 30 frames a
second a 131 millisecond stutter causes about 4 frames to be dropped
which is an annoyance for me and the users of my game.

So my question is What can I do to further debug this problem?  I have
always known garbage collection existed but I have never bothered to
care about it until now because it is finally affecting the
performance of my app (and I am a C++ programmer by day so I usually
forget about the GC)

Is there any way to see what the garbage collector is collecting?  Is
there any way that I can tweak the behavior of the GC for my app?

Sorry for the long winded question and thank you in advance for any