I am using a modified home app from the sdk samples directory.
It's goal in life is to launch one app for a kiosk style device.
When I first run it, I have to choose my home app over the
regular one.  I can do this as many times as I like; when I choose
my home app, it launches my kiosk app.  The problem is when I make
my app the default home app, it launches my kiosk app, but then
I get problems.  Could there be some difference between running
a home app as default, as compared to choosing it from a list?

The thing that's different, is that my kiosk app launches a
barcode scanner.  When I hit home and choose my home app from
the list, it launches my kiosk app again, but the barcode
scanner is still in the front, and everything works ok.  When
the home app is started automatically, my kiosk app comes up
in front, and trying to start the scanner again causes it to
permanently fail until reboot.  I'm guessing this is because
it tried to start a second instance.  It complains about not
being able to get to the camera.

The main question is whether something is different between
choosing a home program from the list after home button hit,
or just having it launch automatically as the default home app.

Thanks!

Tobiah