I am a relative novice at Android and have had issues getting a simple SSL
connection working to a java server.

I know the java server works as I tested it using the same keystore as the
server and a java client.

The Android client does send something as the java server accepts a
connection and displays a null value for the variable 'temp', and no error
message.

Android Client:

 try{

     String error = "test";
     sslsocketfactory = (SSLSocketFactory) SSLSocketFactory.getDefault();
     s = (SSLSocket) sslsocketfactory.createSocket("192.168.2.101", port);

        outStream = s.getOutputStream();
        outStreamWriter = new OutputStreamWriter(outStream);
        bufferedWriter = new BufferedWriter(outStreamWriter);

        bufferedWriter.write(error + "\n");
        bufferedWriter.flush();

          } //end try
          catch (UnknownHostException e) {e.printStackTrace();}
          catch (IOException e) {e.printStackTrace();}

          finally{
                 if (s != null){
                 try {s.close();}
                 catch (IOException e) {e.printStackTrace();}
                 }
                 }//end finally
}

I have not specified a truststore as i am unsure of how the mechanism works
or how to implement this, and think this is probably the issue.

---
"Android Developers" group.