Hi,

* where can I find official firmware for my android dev 1?
* what is the official way to update the firmware?
* does such a firmware update have negative side effects? which one?

So far I found only unofficial images for t-mobile g1,
and update methods using some root hack, neither is what I want.

I'm fine if flashing the firmware resets all settings and deletes
all applications I installed, but knowing what it will do exactly
would be very helpfull. I hope that firmware updates will always
keep the phone unlocked? (I'm not using t-mobile and don't want
to be forced into that...)

Thanks for your help!

Regards, Andreas