I have a layout issue which it seems should be simple to do in a
RelativeLayout.

I have a view A, and a view B which is aligned to A's baseline, and aligned
to the right of the parent. B appears correctly.

Then I want a view C to be directly above B, and also aligned to the right
of the parent. However, C never appears.

However, if I change B to be aligned to the *bottom* of A, as opposed to
its *baseline*, then C appears.

So it seems that layout_above doesn't like to act upon something that
references another view via layout_alignBaseline, but is fine acting upon
something that references another View via layout_alignBottom.

Can anyone shed any light upon this? It seems like it is a common scenario
that should work. See the following.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    android:id="@+id/mainlayout"