As far as I know this is a un-rooted phone , but perhaps I can update to
using V2 API?

thanks

On Friday, June 7, 2013 7:35:32 PM UTC+10, gjs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you are probably aware GeoPoint is an old class from Version 1 Android
> Maps api. Perhaps the user is trying to run your app on a non Google / maps
> 'supported' or rooted, rom altered/updated device that's now missing the
> GeoPoint library - since your app was installed ?
>
> Do what Treking says.
>
> Regards
>
> On Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:21:41 AM UTC+10, Paul Wilson wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting the following error just from one user of my App it works
>> fine from Emulator and my SG2 and various other phone except for one user.
>> I cannot understand why
>>
>> I have the uses-library in my Application manifest
>> <uses-library android:name="com.google.android.maps"
>> android:required="true"/>
>>
>> logcat:
>>
>>> W/dalvikvm( 1978): VFY: unable to resolve new-instance 522
>>> (Lcom/google/android/maps/GeoPoint;) in
>>> Lid/wilsononline/gcadroid/gcadroid$loadNearby;
>>> D/dalvikvm( 1978): VFY: replacing opcode 0x22 at 0x006b
>>> D/dalvikvm( 1978): DexOpt: unable to opt direct call 0x0de1 at 0x7d in
>>> Lid/wilsononline/gcadroid/gcadroid$loadNearby;.<init>
>>> W/dalvikvm( 1978): VFY: unable to find class referenced in signature
>>> (Lcom/google/android/maps/GeoPoint;)
>>> W/dalvikvm( 1978): VFY: unable to find class referenced in signature
>>> (Lcom/google/android/maps/GeoPoint;)
>>> W/dalvikvm( 1978): VFY: unable to find class referenced in signature
>>> (Lcom/google/android/maps/GeoPoint;)
>>> I/dalvikvm( 1978): Could not find method
>>> com.google.android.maps.GeoPoint.getLatitudeE6, referenced from method
>>> id.wilsononline.gcadroid.gaLoadNearbyCaches.startLoadCaches
>>> W/dalvikvm( 1978): VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 3554:
>>> Lcom/google/android/maps/GeoPoint;.getLatitudeE6 ()I
>>> D/dalvikvm( 1978): VFY: replacing opcode 0x6e at 0x0004
>>>

>> Any pointers I'd be grateful
>>
>> Paul

---
"Android Developers" group.