On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Darren McEntee
<darren.mcen...@gmail.com>wrote:

> My question is, when i upload the new APK to my Google Play account, where
> the app is currently listed:
>
> (1) Will the current users of the app who are on Androd v2.1 - v2.3 just
> not get the updates from that point onwards until they update their Android
> OS version?

To my understanding, correct. They see no updates. I've seen the behavior
myself. I have a 2.3 phone and have many apps that show having been updated
recently, but that device received no such update.

> (2) Will **NEW** users of the app running Android v2.1 to v2.3 not see
> the app listed on Play if they search for it?

To my understanding, yes, they will see the last published version that
supported their device.

And (3) can i have an APK for user of 2.3.x and *below* ... and the *another
> *APK for users on v3.0+?

Yes, see "Multiple APK" support. However, it's probably a better idea to
try to support every version you want to target in one APK using reflection
and other such strategies.

---
"Android Developers" group.