On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Ted Hopp <ted.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is because (again, I may not understand this exactly correctly) if
> the certificate changes, we will be forced to also change the package name
> for the apk. This will do great damage to our position in the market.

I can't find it now, but I recall a thread on here regarding the same
issue. I *think* Dianne Hackborn commented that the expiration requirement
is far enough down the line that Google will figure out a solution for
developers to change / update / transition their certificates by then, to
prevent the "new package required" issue this would cause for all
developers.

---
"Android Developers" group.