I wonder if this is still true, since Google Play changes the rules every
now and again. Unfortunately I cannot find any official statement on that
matter.

My problem right now is that I participated in an AppGratis campaign and I
had to unpublish my app. However, people are still reporting bugs and I
need to roll out updates somehow without re-publishing that AppGratis app
on Google Play. Most users are not tech-savvy enough for side-loading APKs.

So are the following assumptions correct:

1. User downloads published app from Google Play
2. App is unpublished from Google Play
3. App gets updated while still being unpublished

A) User gets update through Google Play
B) User only gets updates as long as the originally downloaded app is
installed on the phone
C) User does not get updates / cannot install app when she decides to
uninstall or switches the Android device

On Wednesday, May 2, 2012 10:18:16 AM UTC-5, MagouyaWare wrote:

> It is my understanding that once a user has downloaded your app they will
> ALWAYS have access to it in Google Play...  Unpublishing it only affects
> users that have not already downloaded/installed the app.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin Anderson
> MagouyaWare Developer
> http://sites.google.com/site/magouyaware
>

> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Marcin Orlowski
> <webnet....@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> I always though unpublishing app takes it away from users so they neither
>> can install it or update. And I also thought unpublished apps are simply
>> gone from user perspective so they cannot see them in Market. But now I see
>> one of my apps is still being commented (even today) even it is unpublished
>> for couple of days What do I miss?
>>
>> --

---
"Android Developers" group.