I don't think Apple had much to do with the 3.5mm jack decision because
Nokias N95 has a 3.5mm jack and has been on sale in the US since 2007,
and HTC are well known for not including a 3.5mm jack on their 'phones.

If it's true then Android really is going to be an also-ran because
it'll be left with all the features that Apple consider not useful
enough to want to protect.

Al.

--
======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,

subsidiaries.