Thank you for reminding me about the configuration-specific folder and your
tablet version. Thus, for the ease of testing, I just use a single drawable
folder without any postfix.

I find that an Android 2.2 emulator behaves differently from an Android
4.1.2 one.

To summarize and concrete:
Let
1 -> Application icon
2 -> Application logo
3 -> Activity icon
4 -> Activity logo.

When 1, 2, 3 and 4 are set:

Android 2.2
    launcher icon: 3
    *action bar logo: 3*
Android 4.1.2
    launcher icon: 3
    *action bar logo: 4*

When 1, 2 and 3 are set:

Android 2.2:
    *launcher icon: 3*
    action bar logo: 3
Android 4.1.2
    *launcher icon: 2*
    action bar logo: 3

When 1 and  2 are set:

Android 2.2
 launcher icon: 1
 *action bar logo: 1*
Android 4.1.2
 launcher icon: 1
 *action bar logo: 2*

When 1 is set:

Android 2.2
    launcher icon: 1
    action bar logo: 1
Android 4.1.2
    launcher icon: 1
    action bar logo: 1

The Android 2.2 emulator behaves strangely. Why? Is it a bug?

On Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:22:25 AM UTC+8, TreKing wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Greenhand <coopera...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> Is there a correct code snippet for reference?
>

> I have the same set up in application element and it works for me on a
> tablet with 4.2.2.
>
> Stupid question, but your icons are actually different images, right?
> And you did a full rebuild and refresh?
> Are you perhaps missing a drawable in a configuration-specific folder
> (like drawable-hdpi) or something.
>
> Try temporarily editing each icon with some kind of watermark (red circle
> or something) to make sure you see the update.

---
"Android Developers" group.