>From the documentation of
>AudioTrack<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/AudioTrack.html>
:

It allows streaming *PCM audio buffers* to the audio hardware for playback.

PCM is basically uncompressed audio data. MP3 is compressed audio that's
why you hear noise. You have two options for solving that problem:

1. Decode your MP3 stream on the fly and feed it to your AudioTrack
2. Use
MediaPlayer<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/MediaPlayer.html>instead
 of AudioTrack

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:35:09 AM UTC-5, Yamusani Vinay wrote:

> How to play mp3 song using audio track in android.I used following code
> but i am getting noise...
>
> InputStream in = getResources().openRawResource(R.raw.ding);
>                     try {
>                         ByteArrayOutputStream out = new
> ByteArrayOutputStream(
>                                 in.available()
>                                 );
>                         for (int b; (b = in.read()) != -1;) {
>                             out.write(b);
>                         }
>                         Log.d(TAG, "Got the data");
>                         audioData = out.toByteArray();
>
>     this.releaseAudioTrack();
>         this.audioTrack = new AudioTrack(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC, 44100,
>                 AudioFormat.CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO,
> AudioFormat.ENCODING_PCM_8BIT,
>                 audioData.length, AudioTrack.MODE_STATIC);
>         Log.d(TAG, "Writing audio data...");
>         this.audioTrack.write(audioData, 0, audioData.length);
>         Log.d(TAG, "Starting playback");
>         audioTrack.play();

---
"Android Developers" group.